trešdiena, 2007. gada 20. jūnijs

Happy Fathers Day


To all those Dads out there, this one is for you. Sunday on Father's Day Austin and I were asked to speak in church. Well, we were given talks from the conference reports, and I used mine but jazzed it up in my own way. In stead of using Elder Scott's talk word for word and idea for idea, I compared Rock climbing to real life how he does, but instead of using the soloing idea as a danger, and that you shouldn't solo in life, I used the 2 pair technique and told everyone that the #1 cause of Rock climbing accidents are due to human error, I then said that we all make mistakes and that if we use the anchors-God's Laws, and use the rope-obedience, we can overcome any rock-challenge in life. As long as we have the Savior as our belayer-lead in life. In the pic of me

rock climbing you can see a second person, this is the belayer, they hold the rope and they give tips and hints as you are

climbing. They are a very big help!
Austin gave his talk about the fathers in his life and how they all contributed to his life, and what he learned from each one...he then asked every one what kind of father they are, so the question is which category do you fall under? A hard worker, provider, leader, respector of persons, love everyone, spiritual? To all those great dads in our life, you guys ROCK!







1 komentārs:

Mindy teica...

Cool talk! I wish I could have heard you speak!