sestdiena, 2007. gada 8. decembris

Life as an update

Well, most of you know that our washer hit the wall, and we've been having to suffer with dirty clothes, we called in a repair man to look at the damages, and after our not so intelligent repairman messed with the belt for an hour, he decided our transmission was dead. Great! Lucky for us, Austin's aunt and uncle offered us their old washer, we got it hooked up this week and it works! It's nice to have a working washer, and clean clothes again.

Last week I got a ride to Moab Utah and I ran in the Winter Sun 10K race. For those of you, like me, that's a 6.2 mile race. I ran it in 1 hour 15 minutes and 50 seconds. That's about 12 minute 25 second miles!!! Quite the accomplishment for me, I've never ran in a race before, besides the field day races that the elementary school puts on, those don't count though.

This Christmas we are coming to Utah to see the family, and then we are being wisked away to Disneyland. Happy Holidays! Since this is a new year for me, I often think of the Christmas traditions I'd like to keep and what new ones to incorporate with Austin. Some of my favorite holiday traditions include Christmas music, looking at Christmas lights, and spending time with family. One new one that I'm going to attempt, next year, maybe, is cook clam chowder. That's one tradition that Cathy (Austin's mom) would do every year. Austin isn't much for soups, but he raves about this chowder.

Merry Christmas.

1 komentārs:

Mindy teica...

Wait, you ran a race? Good job girlfriend! I was waiting to read that you were kidding or something but I'm so impressed. Maybe you'll have to come here and we'll do marathons together. I'm really glad to see you updated your blog as well. Also, if you try Cathie's recipe for clam chowder, you'll have to share it with me ;)