svētdiena, 2011. gada 23. janvāris

Our Christmas

Christmas in 2010 was shared with Austin's family in Louisiana! We left for 2 weeks and traveled to UT for some gift drop off and pick up, a wedding, and we even came down with a cold to start the trip.  We then took a 2 day drive and spent a night in Albuquerque with one of my favorite mission companion's family! We arrived to our destination around um, late at night, and quickly went to bed.  We started our family vacation with lots of food, treats, and sight seeing!  I remember going to work with Gma & Gpa to show off Brynn, we also spent a lot of time at home while G & G were working, that helped me to catch up on the Christmas gifts I was making (crochet dish clothes, head wrap, and a pencil drawing of the nephew) We went and saw lights at a Rose Garden, and were able to walk around in the chilly weather...which always makes me think of hot chocolate! I took up the curse of learning to drive a stick shift, I was sure my MIL didn't want to be on my good side, but once I learned on the right vehicle it was rather easy...and I've been driving since!

After much relaxing and playing, Austin's Bro, and Sis-In-Law showed up to really start the holidays...we had a nice big turkey dinner on Christmas Eve, and spent Christmas day with the family.  We spent time making sugar cookies, going to the boardwalk and riding the carousel, and we even went to a wild animal park and held a baby alligator!

We spent time shopping at Hobby Lobby, decorating Gma's bathroom in bird and nest decor, we also had family pictures taken, Decorated the Christmas tree and the house in festive decor!  We dined out a couple of times, met Uncle Dale for the first time, Austin went to a Bowl game, I think Peach, or Sugar, or Rose, gosh how many are there? The girls got pedicures! We even pulled out the tea set and had a REAL tea party, sorry no crumpets!

I had SO much fun and really was dreading the drive back home, and returning to all of the cares in the world.  It's too bad that we live so far away from family!

2 komentāri:

Mindy teica...

How fun and such a cute family picture! I'm so happy that it turned out so well and you had such a great time. You are an amazing woman.

Terra S teica...

Sounds like you had a fun and eventful trip. Glad you got home safe. I can't believe how long Brynn's hair is getting. Super cute!