
Well today is the 8th of July, and let me tell you, waking up to a husband is the best gift ever! Of course I get that gift almost every day :( In the past a few people have always seemed to get my birthday wrong, old boyfriend, records in the mission field, even the college that I attended UVSC, now UVU. So when Austin got it wrong last year (we were still dating), no big deal, except I got his mom and grandma thinking it was June 7th also. Well, I think that I've corrected everyone now, so we can all celebrate on the REAL day! Austin woke me with a booming rendition of "Happy Birthday" as he led me to the kitchen table where there were 5 gifts waiting for me. A card from his grandparents, and a webcam, beef jerky, and 2 Dan Brown books, he wrote DaVinci Code! After church we will run over to my Dad's house to play with the rest of the family. Yesterday we spent one of our many gift cards and I got myself, face wash, healthy cereal, 2 shirts, and I think that was it! I am now 25, and am now the same age as Austin, but, I'm not as old as him!!!! ;)
At my Dad's house we had a barbeque with all the family!! We had a green salad, fruit salad, and yes, the potatoe salad I made for the 4th of July, only 4 days old, still good. My sisters were so generous to give me presents, I say this because, well, we don't really give presents, we don't really give cards, thank you cards, birthday cards, anything. You just are happy with what you have! Well, we've been coming out of this wierd tradition, we've even started to get souveneirs for each other when we go to exotic places: Europe, Hawaii, New York, Yellowstone, the Carribean, and soon to be Nauvoo! It was fun to have all the 4 kids running around, SCREAMING! Ivete, my dad's wife is the party lady, if she can find an excuse for a party, there is most likely to be a party, which I 
like, it gives us a good excuse to get together as a family, and just hang out. Ivete made a homemade birthday cake, and since they don't own a 5, I got to celebrate my 24th birthday again. And Jackson, blew out the candles for me, as you can see me laughing, him and Alex get a kick out of cakes, candles, and presents! They really like to celebrate these momentous events, as if they are their own! I must report that Terra gave me scrapbooking accessories, and shorts, my mom gave me a digital scale, and mindy and holly gave me p-jama shorts, and p-jamas (pants, and shirt). I'd have to say, this was a great birthday, I really enjoyed it, it couldn't have been better, and I couldn't think of anyone else that I would've wanted to spend it with. Just to make a sour end to this, Austin left for Duchesne to work tomorrow, so I'm home alone, but the bright side is, he only has 2 more weeks of construction work!!!
1 komentārs:
You have a cute husband! Don't make him change. The best thing of being married is celebrating together!
Ierakstīt komentāru