svētdiena, 2007. gada 8. jūlijs

This was our memorable trip to Grand Junction, we headed down on a Friday, set up camp at about 8pm, and had dinner, then we went to bed. We then got up the next day and we started from the East side and moved to the west, looking at houses, and duplexes that were for rent. Strange, seeing as it was a Saturday, and no one in the office was working. Most places we looked at were available then, which was the first part of June. So we went a little early to find a place to live. We'll be going down in 3 more weeks to really find a place and it won't be on a Saturday. Here are some of the sites we saw. They are all mtns. but, you gotta have the necessities when moving to another country!! :)


The weather here, is supposively cooler than SLC, but when we were there, I was dying of heat. And supposively they don't get very much rainfall, I think whatever comes down, comes in the winter time. They are known for their peaches, and the wineries. The mtns, are beautiful, not as green as I would've hoped. But I guess that's what you get when you move to Eastern Utah. I think that Grand Junction (GJ) is just another extension of UT. Kind of like ID. It's all the same, just further away. After 1pm, on Saturday we were finished looking, and started to look for places to cool off at. Red Robin, the movie theater, the airport, yes there is a small airport, the information office, and also the mall! By the time we finished it was time for bed, and the place had started to cool down. Sunday we went to the local church, I guess there are somewhere around 11 wards, counting the singles ward. We made it to the 9am block, which was good. There is always church at 9am. Then we headed home!

1 komentārs:

Mindy teica...

Hey - send me some wine ;) You look great in your tent - looks clean!